Wednesday, September 30, 2009

some highlights in September and October...

I seriously need to start updating my blog more frequently...I think about it often...but I've been terrible at actually getting to it. I think it's mostly because I'm not sure what to share. :) I always think of things I want to share while in the moment of those things, but then later on I forget about most of them....I'm thinking I should start writing things down. So, I'm just giving you some highlights of the last weeks. Enjoy!
The weather is getting nice here in Paarl, South Africa as we are soon approaching Summer. But, for now enjoying Spring as much as possible. Took a nice walk around our neighborhood a few weeks ago and these were some beautiful flowers we came across.


While the Emmersons went to do Farm Ministry with the kids...I had the privilege to watch their sweet little Elijah. He is so adorable. You just want to bite his little cheeks because he's so cute.

Enjoyed a nice visit with our friends in Somerset West. We spent an afternoon with them and Michael had so much fun playing with his little friend Ben. They have an amazing back yard for the kids to run around in with a stream just below.

Our friend Carel came through from Cape Town to work with Mike on some more of the graphic novel he's putting together about Mike's testimony. We are all really looking forward to the final outcome of that. He is a very gifted artist. I can't wait to see the finished work.

I went to my friend Denise's baby shower who is expecting twins...She is due in about 2 months time and doing great. Please pray for her.

We spent pretty much a whole day visiting with friends, Tricia and John out on their farm where they house ex-prisoners. We took some beautiful walks and just enjoyed sweet fellowship with them. Can you tell how happy Michael was that their dog shook is hand?!

And, for my birthday I got one of the best kisses ever...

There is always a photo you want to share...and the one below it is....I love this face.

And, this is the other face I love so much...doing his thing like he can. He's my favorite pastor :)

Hope you enjoyed the photos and I'll try to keep you updated on our life here in South Africa. God is good!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Great to see you updated. Love the pic of you and Michael hugging. Did i mention when we talked that my sister-in-law dreamt I had twins. YIkes!