Monday, January 11, 2010

December flew by....

Almost 3 years in South Africa. It's been amazing...and I truly mean amazing. I can honestly say that it's been a challenging, awesome, and life changing 3 years. We've also come to realize that after missing 3 Thanksgivings and Christmas's with family and friends that it is the hardest time of the year for us. But, God has been good to us and we are so thankful for the wonderful technology of Skype.I am now 13 weeks pregnant and you won't see any photos until I'm big....I'm at that weird stage to where you wouldn't know if I'm pregnant or just a little fat. You know what I'm talking about girls. I'm feeling great, just getting quite anxious to find out what we're having. It's driving me crazy not knowing. I can't wait to share the news with everyone. Michael is doing well. He will start school this week (3 days a week) and it will be his last year before he goes to Grade R (kindergarten). Mike and I have really seen a big growth in his personality this week...he's getting to be such a big boy. We are all blessed and healthy.






2010 is here...what an eventful and blessed last week we had. We had a great time with church family as we planned and did a Holiday Club (VBS) all in 1 week. It was so much fun but also quite hectic. What a crazy busy start to 2010. Thanking God for His strength as he knew how much I needed it. It was so awesome to see the kids praising Jesus.
Well, off to get 2 boxes at the post office.........oh so fun to receive care packages. :)



href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJ2drE2n5dLrAyXZwFdKqmfYaAe8ngVD-I7P_h-GpCZMuZYOIOJBhrSRsUXiMDkovVdi-GttQ7tQl7vwOfJtkttplHpIxyY7sPFgn_vhbOu1BFeWR6em7aiOBafAMDyvvRqBBi/s1600-h/DSC_9180.JPG">

4 comments:

Kathy @ Carys and Charlie said...

thanks for the blog update! i love to see and hear what you guys are up to, can't wait to see your little baby bump :) you guys are blessed, love and miss you

Ana said...

So awesome what the Lord is doing in your lives! It is a wonderful experience to see his mighty work! Glad 2009 was good to you! I can't wait to find out ....boy or girl!

Rosie said...

misty, its awesome that you guys have given of yourselves to the people of Africa for 3 years now!! Wow, what a blessing. I know it comes with its challenging times but you'll never see a more wonderful thing than to be in his will. I love the pics and updates. I'm at that stage, too. Don't fully look pregnant but there's a bump there for sure. find out and let me know what you're having. love you.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Keep blogging Misty! The pictures are beautiful and speak of what God is doing in your midst.

I can so relate to the missing of family at the holidays. It has been the hardest time for us too!!