Saturday, May 22, 2010

'A Week In A Life' project: Fri, Day 5

I'm laughing at myself right now because I almost forgot to blog for this day and that would have just messed up this whole project order. Can't do that! :)
Today in Paarl was a a really warm day which is unusual right now because of the weather we've been having.
Pretty exhausting day for me. I was mostly on my feet all morning and early afternoon. These days being closer to my due date I need a bit of 'off my feet' time.
So, here we go...started the morning off with the usual routine of taking Michael to school. I also stuck around his school for a bit to see if I can do any volunteer work...nothing for me to do...so I watched Michael play without him knowing. I really enjoyed his big smiles while he was with his school mates. Oh, Please say a prayer for his teacher her mom just passed away.
Went to the store to buy dinner stuff and the extra items I needed for our dessert. We invited a lovely new family from our church over for supper. We had a great time of fellowship with them and our kids played so nicely. Michael loved having a friend over. Once I got home from the store I started making home made chicken soup and a chocolate cake from scratch, even the frosting was from scratch, too. But, get this in the middle of making my cake I realized I didn't have one ingredient so I dropped everything, paused my dvd of Marie Rosales speaking and (CC Pastor Wives Conference)rushed back to the store with only a few minutes time before Mike had to rush off to get to an appointment. It was crazy. Oh man...I just kept saying to myself while I rushing into the store "what am I doing rushing around like this so quickly and wobbly". I'm sure I looked funny. I can laugh about it now. I'm telling you I must have been on my feet all the up to when our guests arrived at our house...so that was many hours. But, God was so faithful to meet me. Keeping in mind as well that I can do all things through Christ. He gave me the extra boost of energy and strength to enjoy our company until 10:30. HE is soooo good all the time :) I'm so thankful for God right now.
With all this said..I'm just going to let some of the photos speak for themselves. Because my pillow is calling my name...Miiissssttyyyy....Miissssstttyyyy......

dressed for the day



something I've been peeling everyday...the fruit 'Naartjie'..in season right now. seedless and yummy



flowers from the garden

love this face!

in their place...what I see when I walk across the living room...it's the norm

groomed garden

looks can be deceiving...this cake melted in our mouths

opening our mail


almost 32 weeks along

No comments: