Sunday, May 23, 2010

'A Week In A Life' project: Sat. Day 6

DAY 6...1 more day left of this project. I have to admit when I first read about this project on 'Ali Edwards' blog and the whole challenge of doing it I thought to myself how cool this would be to do, to have. But, I was not sure when I'd get started on it. I actually marked on my calendar several times when I was starting the project and didn't. I finally just marked down a date and went to it. I knew I wanted to, but knew if I didn't start soon I probably won't get to it ever. I am so happy I did. It's been a great experience. I will say it again..it's now your turn. :)
It's been great getting feedback from different people through e-mail, facebook and and on my blog. I'm glad that some of you have been inspired to do one of your own. I'm looking forward to getting the photos and some journaling down in a little album. It'll be neat to look at the album many years from now.
So, getting to my Saturday. Saturday's are always busy prepping for church on Sunday, but there is always a bit of time to do extra little things. I always work on our bulletin and try to get it to Dave (Dave and his wife Vicky are the couple who moved here from Scotland serving with us at CCPV) at a decent time so he can print it. Also, sending him anything that needs to be printed for Sunday school. OH, can't forget my every Saturday run to the market for refreshments and cookies for church. And, as for Mike he is pretty much up in his office the whole morning preparing...but being his office is in the home we do see some of him through out our day :). It's nice and a blessing. Michael had a fun full day of playing with our neighbors little girl, Angelique. He was so happy to get an invite for her 5th b-day party. She knows English pretty well, but Michael is doing pretty good job catching on to some of her Afrikaans.
So thankful for nice sleep last night after the fact the right when I was falling into deep sleep I woke to a loud noise that sounded like someone breaking the security bars off of a window...but, it could have been anything. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a dream or if it was a real noise I was hearing...but NO break in. I love the fact that I feel safe where we live. Thank you Jesus!
Enjoy some photos as I'm closing off because I want to get my child in bed by 7:15 and enjoy down time with my hubby.

dishes from night before

morning: opening up the window curtains

beautiful roses from our dinner guests the night before

michael watching E.T. while eating his breakfast

afternoon: house chores


working on the church bulletin




my evening craving these days

3 comments:

Ana said...

Hi! It's been fun seeing your days! I will try to do it sometime this summer or earlier if possible! I see your belly!!!!Hey I like the green choice in paint for your room (on your other day post).

Kathy @ Carys and Charlie said...

i am finally catching up on your blog today and i love it! i am going backwards since i missed out when you started. funny, thats exactly how my sink looks on the weekends, since we have no dishwasher here either ;)

Rosie said...

misty, love the day to day stuff we get to see you do. Ana is right we get to see your belly!! So cute. What is that your craving, looked like ice?!